Whether shopping online, in apps, or in stores, save time & hassle at checkout.
Simple, secure payments
from one account.
No typing in your card number or shipping address. Sign up for Masterpass for faster checkout when shopping on a website, in an app, or at your favorite store using your secured payment details.
Tap, pay, and get on with your day.
Now with a Masterpass app you can pay with a quick tap of your device at stores you visit every day, from coffee shops to convenience stops.
See if your Mastercard is eligible
for tap and pay
Masterpass partners with banks so you can tap-and-pay in stores. Just choose your bank and download the app.
Protected by layers of Mastercard security.
Safety is our top priority – and we know it’s yours, too. With Masterpass, your single account is protected by multiple layers of security so it’s guarded from fraudulent use, and there when you need it.
Only you are able to shop with your Masterpass account by authorizing each and every purchase with a password, PIN code, or fingerprint.
Your address and card details are securely stored so only you can access them.
Zero Liability Protection
Your account is backed by your bank, which offers Zero Liability Protection* to help protect you from unauthorized purchases
Advanced Security in Stores
When you pay in stores with a Masterpass-enabled Android™ app, a unique number, or token, is used—not your actual card number. That’s why with Masterpass, your info is secure.
Don't just buy it. Masterpass it.
Rethink how you pay. And never think about paying again.Sign Up Now
- What is Masterpass?
- Masterpass is a digital wallet that simplifies the checkout process across your purchases online, in-app, and in-store with one secure account. No long checkout forms, forgotten passwords, or fumbling for a wallet. Just create your account and load any participating credit or debit card to get started.
- How do I use Masterpass to buy something online or in an app?
- Once you are ready to check out, click or tap the Masterpass button. If you already have an account, then simply sign in and choose the payment card and shipping address you wish to use. All of those details will be used to make a secure purchase, and you’re done.
- How do I use a Masterpass Android™ app to buy something at a store location?
- To make in-store payments, you'll need an Android™ phone running Kit Kat (4.4) or higher with support for NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation).
Once you have a Masterpass app, there are two ways to tap and pay in-store:
From the app:
- Open the app and choose the card you would like to use
- Touch the “Tap & Pay” button at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your 4-digit Masterpass PIN
- Hold your phone just above the terminal and wait to see the ✓ on your screen
- Wake your phone so that the screen is lit and hold it against the contactless terminal
- Enter your 4-digit Masterpass PIN
- Place your phone over the terminal once again until you see the ✓
- Why do I have to receive a code when I already have an account?
- If this is your first time checking out with your wallet on this browser, you may need to simply have to sign in and authenticate via a onetime code that will be sent to your phone or email. Then choose your card and shipping address to continue with your purchase.
- Can I add any card to my Masterpass account?
- Yes, you can add any major credit or debit card to your account for purchases online and in apps. Only certain cards can be used to make payments at store locations with the Android™ app (see participating banks).
- What cards can I use to make payments in stores?
- To make payments at stores with the Masterpass by Mastercard Android™ app, you must have a Mastercard from one of these participating banks—with more added soon. You can always use any credit or debit card online or in merchant apps.
- Is Masterpass safe to use?
- Your Masterpass account comes with multi-tiered security to help keep your information private. Plus when you check out in stores using the Android™ app, a unique number is shared with the merchant instead of your actual card details, which means your information is protected. Masterpass is the only digital wallet from Mastercard, so you can shop with confidence.
- Are there any additional fees when using the Masterpass service?
- There are no additional fees or charges to use Masterpass. If you receive notifications about your account by text message, you may incur standard messaging fees from your mobile phone carrier.
- Where can I use Masterpass today?
- You can use Masterpass online or in app wherever you see the Masterpass button; look for the contactless symbol at checkout when you are in-store. Visit our Featured Merchants section of our site to see just some of the many participating merchants.
- What should I do if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
- Your actual card information is not on your device and Masterpass comes with multi-tiered security to help keep your information protected. For extra security, you may want to change your password by signing into your online account.